I’m writing regardless because I have so much information to pass along. I attended a seminar this weekend where I was trained in Blood Chemistry Analysis! Oh My Gosh was it fascinating! I’ve got a computer program which allows me to input data from any blood panel, along with personal and specific health information. The computer uses an algorithm to look at all the test results and information from an Integrative, Comprehensive point of view, and then spits out recommendations based on WHAT CAUSES THE SYMPTOMS, as opposed to a focus on just the symptoms alone. It’s Brilliant!! It also recommends supplements and foods to address those issues.
For instance, why is your blood pressure high? why are your cholesterol numbers off? what’s up with the thyroid? why are your sex hormones off? what’s going on with your white blood cells? and so on and so on.
I’m installing the program this week, and after I work out the bugs, I’ll let you know. I can’t wait to use this!
The doctor teaching this has FOUR medical degrees, plus he speaks multiple languages – smart man. The pearls of health wisdom didn’t stop flowing, so let me pass some on in no particular order:
* If you have unresolved constipation, despite loads of fiber filled fruits and veggies, and a ton of water, think GALLBLADDER. The gallbladder squirts bile into the small intestine. That bile is supposed to break down fats and CREATE PERISTALSIS IN YOU INTESTINES. No Bile, No Peristalsis.
* Pumpkins and Sunflower seeds contain several nutrients that are good for bringing down an enlarged prostate.
* Raw eggs are Nutritional Powerhouses ( YES ME!!) Their nutrients are more potent when undamaged by heat; very gently cooked is good too. Don’t do this with STORE BOUGHT EGGS. Only with Farmer Eggs.
* Cortisol shuts down Gut Function. Shuts It Down. If you’ve worked with me, you know I talk about this all the time. You can have the most perfect diet in the world, but it’s not benefitting you much if physical and/or mental stress are causing cortisol problems. You’ll need to either employee stress reduction techniques and / or use adrenal supplements to normalize your cortisol.
* PPIs and other acid reducing drugs cause SEVERE NUTRIENT DEFICIENCIES AND EVEN DEATH. ( What did you think is the end result of severe nutrient deficiencies??) Our body builds, runs, and repairs from nutrients. We need a HIGHLY ACIDIC STOMACH, like the one God designed, to break down our foods, kill pathogens in the gut, trigger the pancreas and the gallbladder, and essentially flip the switch of every single digestive action from the gut to the butt.
* PPIs (acid reducers) are only approved to be used for 6 to 14 weeks, and they’re NOT approved at all for children and babies. Do you really want your child to NOT be able to get their nutrients? They’re trying to GROW!
*Alzheimer’s and Dementia are the fastest growing conditions in the US. 7,000 Americans a MONTH are being diagnosed. The brain is 60% fat. Feed it, and don’t poison it with sugar, grains, or chemicals.
* Have you seen the recent news on pregnant women taking SSRIs and the link to Autistic babies? Google it.
* Licorice ( not the candy kind, but the real herb) can raise low blood pressure, and DGL ( deglycerized licorice) can lower it.
*Take your Magnesium at bedtime on an empty stomach. Magnesium binds to fat which can inhibit absorption. You want that Mg inside your cells.
* Avoid prescription drugs as much as possible – their side effects are very real.
Every year, more than 2 million Americans suffer from serious adverse drug reactions. According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), these reactions cause about 100,000 deaths per year, making prescription drugs the fourth-leading cause of death in the country.
* If you’re eating real Sushi, raw meat, or even cooked fish, take your HCl. It’ll kill the bugs. ( Hydrochloric acid, the same thing our stomach makes – if it’s working. It’s not working in most people.)
* You need great gut flora/bacteria to convert your T4 to T3 ( these are thyroid hormones). You need lots of acid in the stomach to have great gut flora in your large intestine.
* Americans take about 75% of the Pharmaceuticals In The WORLD, yet remain fat and sick. CDC predicts weight and disease rates will continue to climb for at least the next 30 years. How are those pharmaceuticals working for us?
* Our health depends upon us treating our bodies like temples, not destroying it with drugs, sugar, grains, chemicals, and stress. Take control of your health. It really is in our own hands.